Gibraltar Runway Visit
When we visit the runway we will cross over the 5th most dangerous runway in the world and go to the border where Gibraltar meets with the Spanish mainland.
- Officially RAF Gibraltar (previously known as North Front)
- Constructed during WWII as an emergency airfield for the Royal Navy’s Fleet Air Arm
- The Runway originally being Gibraltar horse racing track (introduced by the Maltese)
- 5th Most dangerous runway in the world (not just because the length but the cross winds)
- Length of the runway 1,680 meters (5,511 feet) made of asphalt
- The main road heading towards Spain’s Border intersects the runway