O'Hara's Battery (Highest Point)
Visit O'Hara's Battery allowing you to claim proudly "I've reached the highest point of The Rock!".
- Named after General Charles O'Hara Governor of Gibraltar 1795-1802 (nicknamed The Old Cock of The Rock)
- Highest point of The Rock at 426 metres
- 9.2 inch Mark X BL Gun with a range of 16.82 miles
- Used in World War 2 and was last fired in 1976 during a training exercise
- Opened to the public in May 2010
- The most spectacular point of Gibraltar for the fantastic panoramic views of the Straights of Gibraltar